“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
– Martin Luther King, “Letter from a Birmingham Jail”, April 1963
The Alliance For Justice has five core aims:
1. To secure justice for war crimes, genocide, and crimes against humanity in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo and the wider region, in line with international human rights standards.
2. To build public awareness and understanding of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo and the wider region, and of the culture of impunity which perpetuates these abuses.
3. To defend the rights and dignity of all those who have suffered as a result of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity, and build solidarity and support between victims’ rights groups around the world.
4. To pursue these objectives in a way that it is politically neutral, impartial, and consistent with the principles outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
5. To work together with all those who support these objectives to build a strong, open and inclusive alliance for justice.
If you agree with these objectives and would like to sign up as a supporter, please join the campaign here.